Time to put the rumors to rest, yes, Pawzitive Petz Rescue is closing. This decision was difficult to make because of my love for the dogs, however I have to put love of family first. We have been holding adoption events both Saturday and Sunday in order to get the dogs in our care adopted. We have not had new fosters step forward, the boarding fees are huge, and all of our volunteers are exhausted.
My pledge to my family is to have all the dogs currently in the rescue placed by July 31 with the rescue officially closed by September 1. This does not include the 7 pups not yet old enough to adopt – those we will adopt once they reach 8 weeks of age (early August). I am committed to remain available to previous adoptive families should they need assistance; my cell phone number will not change and I will personally reach out to each family offering my continued accessibility.
I am now begging each of you to assist us in placing our remaining dogs. Adoption fees have been reduced to a minimum – I simply won’t do free for too many reasons. However, if there are qualified rescues able to assist by taking in a dog or two there will be no transfer fee and we’ll assist with transport. LET’S WORK TOGETHER FOR THE DOGS!
- Animal Legal & Historical Center
- Boone County Animal Care & Control
- Campbell County Animal Shelter
- Davies County Animal Shelter
- Dearborn County Animal Shelter
- Friends of Gallatin County Shelter
- Friends of the Shelter
- Good Deeds for Bullied Breeds
- Kentucky Animal Welfare Alliance
- National Canine Research Council
- Noah's Ark Animal Clinic
- Our Gang Rescue
- Pitties Place – BSL
- Repeal the Cincinnati Pit Bull Ban
- Stop BSL
- The Sgt. Stubby Foundation
- Therapy Pets of Greater Cincinnati
- Tractor Supply Company